Master of Science in Engineering
PROGRAM DETAILSProgramme Code: E301
Medium of instructions: English
Duration of Studies:
- Full Time: 4-8 semesters
- Part Time: 6-12 semesters
Programme Option: By Research
<p style="text-align:justify">The Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment maintains the prime role of invigorating science-based elements within programmes and researches in USIM. This is evident in Engineering related research and activities with inherent potential for the future. The Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment offers a degree programme in Engineering. Thus, a Master programme in Engineering would certainly support the existing programme, especially in further enhancing and integrating elements of Naqli and Aqli which are identifiable with USIM. The programme to be offered would be in the form of academic research focusing on Engineering and cross-related to other fields of research guided by rich expertise currently available within the faculty. </p><p style="text-align:justify">The Master of Science in Engineering programme is designed to achieve the following objectives: </p><ul><li><p style="text-align:justify">Scholar in the field of Engineering who has mastered further knowledge and practise professionalism in basic Engineering research. </p></li><li><p style="text-align:justify">Scholar in the field of Engineering who appreciates the value of ethical, leadership, and responsibility in career and able to contribute to society. </p></li><li><p style="text-align:justify">Scholar in the field of Engineering who contributes research findings towards continuous professional development. </p></li></ul>
CAREER PROSPECTS<p style="text-align:justify">Manager, Researcher, Engineer, Educator, Policy Maker, Government/Private related Agencies</p>
Admission to Master’s Degree by Research
- A bachelor’s degree in the field or related fields with a minimum CGPA of 2.75/4.00 or equivalent, as accepted by the Senate; or
- A bachelor’s degree in the field or related fields or equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.50/4.00 and not meeting CGPA of 2.75/4.00, can be accepted subject to rigorous internal assessment. or
- A bachelor’s degree in the field or related fields or equivalent with minimum CGPA of 2.00/4.00 and not meeting CGPA of 2.50/4.00, can be accepted subject to a minimum of 5 years working experience in the relevant field and rigorous internal assessment.
- Candidates without a qualification in the related fields or relevant working experience must undergo appropriate prerequisite courses determined by the University and meet the minimum CGPA based on (1) to (3) above; or
- Other qualifications equivalent to a bachelor’s degree with honours AND relevant professional work experience.
Note: 1-year work experience is equivalent to 0.05 CGPA
(1) An applicant shall show evidence of proficiency in the English language based on the following criteria:
- TOEFL minimum score of 180 (computer-based) or 64 (internet-based); or
- IELTS minimum score of Band 5; or
- MUET minimum score of Band 3; or
- graduated from institutions that use English as the main medium of instruction, AND will be required to seat for University English Proficiency Test (UEPT) with minimum score of Band 3; or
- graduated in the field of Teaching of English as a Second Language (TESL), English Language Studies (ELS) and equivalent from a university recognised by the Senate; or
- a native speaker of English.
(2) Research-mode applicant who intends to write his/her thesis in Arabic will be required to fulfil the criteria as follows:
- TOEFL minimum score of 150 (computer-based) or 52 (internet-based); or
- IELTS minimum score of Band 4; or
- MUET minimum score of Band 2; or
- UEPT minimum score of Band 2.
(3) An applicant who does not fulfil any of the criteria under (1) & (2) will be allowed to register conditionally and is required to fulfil any of the criteria under (1) or (2), within 12 months (for Master’s students) and 24 months (for Ph.D. students).
Local Full Time
Local Part Time
Master of Science Engineering
The fees that stated are subject to change from time to time without any prior notice by the University. Student are advised to check the CGS Website for any changes before the of each semester registration. All fees must be paid upon registration.
The university has the right to withdraw this offer or to terminate you from your study if you are found to suffer from or to be a carrier of contagious/infectious diseases, or to suffer from a medical condition requiring continuous medical care that will adversely affect your study at USIM.
(1) Communicable Disease
Type of Disease / Problem Example
(2) Chronic Non-communicable Disease
Type of Disease / Problem Example
Applicants can apply via online at https://icgs.usim.edu.my/ and fill the prescribed forms. Forms and supporting authenticated documents must then be submitted through online or mailed to the office.
For information related to visa and student pass, please refer to http://alamiyyah.usim.edu.my