International student who wishes to apply for intra-variation (Change from Programme A to Programme B with the same level of study from the same institution) must first get the approval for a new visa from the Immigration Department of Malaysia (IMM). Please take note that the approval for changing of programme is upon discretion from the IMM. Normally the IMM will request additional documents such as current examination result, record of attendance and other required documents. The IMM have a right to NOT APPROVE the new Visa (for change of programme) if they found that the current result is not satisfactory or any other reason that does not comply with the Immigration’s regulation.
- It is mandatory for you to get Approval of Change Programme from BPA/PPS
- Shorten your existing Student Pass after VAL is approved
- Apply a Special Pass (If your existing Student Pass is about to expire in 1 week or less)
Send the documents of Visa Approval Letter (VAL) application to USIM ‘Alamiyyah before the visa approval letter is released from the Immigration Department of Malaysia. The documents are as follows:
- Approval of Change Programme, Academic Transcript and Attendance Report from BPA/PPS
- A copy of all passport pages
- Softcopy of passport-sized WHITE background photographs 45mm (high) x35mm (wide)
- Proof of Payments (EMGS and USIM Fee)
- Student should submit all required documents to USIM ‘Alamiyyah via email at email@example.com.
- Once EMGS Approval Letter is approved by Immigration Department of Malaysia, you may proceed for Online Registration with USIM Admission Department.
- Once Visa Approval Letter is approved by Immigration Department of Malaysia, you may proceed for a Face to Face Registration with USIM Admission Department and proceed to do medical check-up from USIM Policlinic.
- USIM ‘Alamiyyah will notify student by email once medical report is ready and you may proceed to submit your passport to us.
This process will take up to 7 to 10 working days by the Immigration Department of Negeri Sembilan from the time you submitted the required documents to us. Once new visa process is approved and passport is ready for collection from USIM ‘Alamiyyah counter, we will send a notification to your email. Please refer to FAQ for more details.
If your application for inter variation is rejected by EMGS/ Immigration Department of Malaysia, you may be required to defer your studies/ defer the registration and return to your home country. You will be required to apply for a new student pass if this happens from your home country.
NO. You cannot register with the new programme until get Approval Letter from EMGS.
A student is allowed to change a university or course twice. A 3rd application by the student would be rejected.
The requirement to leave the country depends on the type of the pass you are holding at the time of application, as well as the type of institution you are transferring to or from.
Please refer to the Enforcement Division Department of Higher Education (Bahagian Penguatkuasaan Dan Inspektoran Jabatan Pengajian Tinggi) to obtain a supporting letter.
DOCUMENT FOR DOWNLOAD:
If you have any inquiries about visa, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org