Master Of Science In Built Environment
PROGRAM DETAILSProgramme Code: B301
Medium of instructions: English and Malay
Duration of Studies:
- Full Time: 4-8 semesters
- Part Time: 6-12 semesters
Programme Option: By Research
<p style="text-align:justify">The Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment maintains the prime role of invigorating science-based elements within programmes and researches currently active in USIM. This is evident in researches closely related to the Built Environment and activities with inherent potential for the future. The Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment has already on offer a degree programme on Built Environment. Thus, a Master programme on Built Environment would certainly support the existing programme, especially in further enhancing and integrating elements of Naqli and Aqli which are identifiable with USIM. The programme to be offered would be in the form of academic research focusing on Built Environment and cross-related to other fields of research guided by rich expertise currently available within the faculty. </p><p style="text-align:justify">The Master of Science in Built Environment programme is designed to achieve the following objectives: </p><ul><li><p style="text-align:justify">Acquisition of elaborate knowledge at Master of Science level and possessing professional status in research in Built Environment. </p></li><li><p style="text-align:justify">Achievement of Master degree with ethical integrity, leadership capability and a high level of job and career responsibility plus significant contribution to the community. </p></li><li><p style="text-align:justify">Achievement of Master degree which encourage knowledge that builds towards development of life-long professional career development. </p></li></ul>
CAREER PROSPECTS<p style="text-align:justify">Manager, Researcher, Architect, Educator, Policy Maker, Government/Private related Agencies </p>
Admission to Master’s Degree by Research
- A bachelor’s degree in the field or related fields with a minimum CGPA of 2.75/4.00 or equivalent, as accepted by the Senate; or
- A bachelor’s degree in the field or related fields or equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.50/4.00 and not meeting CGPA of 2.75/4.00, can be accepted subject to rigorous internal assessment. or
- A bachelor’s degree in the field or related fields or equivalent with minimum CGPA of 2.00/4.00 and not meeting CGPA of 2.50/4.00, can be accepted subject to a minimum of 5 years working experience in the relevant field and rigorous internal assessment.
- Candidates without a qualification in the related fields or relevant working experience must undergo appropriate prerequisite courses determined by the University and meet the minimum CGPA based on (1) to (3) above; or
- Other qualifications equivalent to a bachelor’s degree with honours AND relevant professional work experience.
Note: 1-year work experience is equivalent to 0.05 CGPA
1. All candidates need to show proof of fluency in Arabic. Candidates may apply for an exception if:
a) Upgrading from institutions that use Arabic as a medium of learning, OR
b) A Native speaker of Arabic; or
c) Pass Arabic proficiency test (APT) run by USIM
2. If item (2) is not fulfilled, candidates can be registered but need to register, attend and pass Arabic language courses conducted by USIM as part of the graduation requirement.
(1) An applicant shall show evidence of proficiency in the English language based on the following criteria:
- TOEFL minimum score of 180 (computer-based) or 64 (internet-based); or
- IELTS minimum score of Band 5; or
- MUET minimum score of Band 3; or
- graduated from institutions that use English as the main medium of instruction, AND will be required to seat for University English Proficiency Test (UEPT) with minimum score of Band 3; or
- graduated in the field of Teaching of English as a Second Language (TESL), English Language Studies (ELS) and equivalent from a university recognised by the Senate; or
- a native speaker of English.
(2) Research-mode applicant who intends to write his/her thesis in Arabic will be required to fulfil the criteria as follows:
- TOEFL minimum score of 150 (computer-based) or 52 (internet-based); or
- IELTS minimum score of Band 4; or
- MUET minimum score of Band 2; or
- UEPT minimum score of Band 2.
(3) An applicant who does not fulfil any of the criteria under (1) & (2) will be allowed to register conditionally and is required to fulfil any of the criteria under (1) or (2), within 12 months (for Master’s students) and 24 months (for Ph.D. students).
Local Full Time
Local Part Time
Master of Science in Built Environment
The fees that stated are subject to change from time to time without any prior notice by the University. Student are advised to check the CGS Website for any changes before the of each semester registration. All fees must be paid upon registration.
The university has the right to withdraw this offer or to terminate you from your study if you are found to suffer from or to be a carrier of contagious/infectious diseases, or to suffer from a medical condition requiring continuous medical care that will adversely affect your study at USIM.
(1) Communicable Disease
Type of Disease / Problem Example
(2) Chronic Non-communicable Disease
Type of Disease / Problem Example
Applicants can apply via online at https://icgs.usim.edu.my/ and fill the prescribed forms. Forms and supporting authenticated documents must then be submitted through online or mailed to the office.
For information related to visa and student pass, please refer to http://alamiyyah.usim.edu.my