As an international student, you are eligible to bring your family members into Malaysia throughout your study period. Below are the family members that you can bring in under Dependant Pass:
- Your Parent (Father and Mother)
- Father/Mother-in-law, subjected to spouse valid student/working pass
- Children under 18 years old.
Please take note that Malaysia Immigration rules allow ONLY Postgraduate Students to bring their family members into Malaysia.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to apply for the Dependant Pass at the Seremban Immigration Department of Malaysia.
Children who are 18 years old and above must have a separate visa (i.e. Student Pass, Working Pass, etc).
- The student must first obtain the Student Pass prior to bringing in the family members into Malaysia.
- Once the Student Pass is obtained, then you may begin the travel arrangement for your family members using Social Pass (Please check with Malaysian Embassy/Consulate at your home country for the Social Pass requirement).
- Meanwhile, the student may prepare the necessary documentation for the Dependant Pass application.
- Once the family members arrived, the student may proceed to Immigration Department for Dependant Pass application.
- For a newborn baby born in Malaysia, a Dependant Pass need to be applied as soon as possible. Moreover, a passport for the newborn baby is also required for the Dependant Pass application.
- All family members are required to be present at the Immigration Department during the Dependant Pass application process.
- Application Fees (Per Person):
First Time Application: RM590 + Multiple Entry Visa Fee
Renewal Application: RM90 + Multiple Entry Visa Fee
- Download Dependant Pass Immigration Checklist and required documents here
- Request Recommendation Letter for Family Visa from PPS via iPPS website.
- Request Surat Pengesahan Tanggungan Pelajar USIM (USIM Student Dependant Confirmation Letter) from USIM ‘Alamiyyah by visiting USIM ‘Alamiyyah office.
- Student can proceed to Immigration Department for the Dependant Pass application process with all necessary supporting documents. The address is according as below:
Jabatan Imigresen Malaysia (Location : 2.695675, 101.975495)
Bahagian G, Unit PLS
Tingkat 2, Wisma Persekutuan
Jalan Dato’ Abd Kader
70000 Seremban, Negeri Sembilan
Tel: +606 762 0000 ext 205/207
This process will take up to 7 to 10 working days by the Immigration Department of Negeri Sembilan from the time you submitted the application. Once the application is approved and Dependant Pass is ready for collection thus, the Immigration Department will contact you.
IMPORTANT: ALL PASSES APPLICATIONS ARE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Please refer to FAQ for more details.
NO. Students MUST travel to Malaysia as a single traveller. You can apply for Dependant Pass after a student pass is issued to the student (Principle). Your dependant may overstay while waiting for the student pass process to be completed. Overstaying is an offence in Malaysian Law. Immigration Department will impose a penalty for overstaying in Malaysia or family may be blacklisted and deported back to your home country. In some cases, you are prohibited to enter Malaysia for a period of time.
For a newborn baby born in Malaysia, a Dependant Pass need to be applied as soon as possible. However, a passport for the newborn baby is also required for the Dependant Pass application.
- The Dependant Pass fee is RM90 per person (for both first time and renewal applications)
- Multiple Entry Visa Fees (for both first time and renewal applications). The fee varies according to the nationality of the applicant.
- Journey Performed Fee is RM500 (for first time application only)
DOCUMENT FOR DOWNLOAD:
If you have any inquiries about visa, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org