International students who wish to apply for inter-variation (Change from Programme A to Programme B with the same level of study from the previous institution to USIM) must first get the approval for a new visa from the Immigration Department of Malaysia (IMM). Please take note that the approval for changing programme is upon discretion from the IMM. Normally, the IMM will request additional documents such as current examination result, record of attendance and other required documents.
The IMM have the right to NOT APPROVE the new Visa (for change of programme) if they found that the current result is not satisfactory or any other reason that does not comply with the Immigration’s regulation.
- It is mandatory for you to include a Release Letter from the relevance department of your previous University/Institution.
- Shorten your existing Student Pass after VAL is approved (from your previous University/Institution).
- Apply a Special Pass (If your existing Student Pass is about to expire in 1 week or less, your previous Institution MUST process this Special Pass application.)
Send these documents of Visa Approval Letter (VAL) application to USIM ‘Alamiyyah before the visa approval letter is released from the Immigration Department of Malaysia . The documents are as follows:
- Release Letter, Academic Transcript and Attendance Report from Old Institution
- Copy of all passport pages
- Softcopy of passport-sized WHITE background photographs 45mm (high) x35mm (wide)
- Proof of Payments (EMGS and USIM Fee)
- Student submits all required documents to USIM ‘Alamiyyah via email at email@example.com.
- Once EMGS Approval Letter is approved by Malaysia Immigration Department, you may proceed for Online Registration with USIM Admission Department.
- Once Visa Approval Letter is approved by Immigration Department of Malaysia, you may proceed for a Face to Face Registration with USIM Admission Department and proceed to do a medical check-up from USIM Policlinic.
- USIM ‘Alamiyyah will notify you by email once medical report is ready and you may proceed to submit your passport to us.
This process will take up to 7 to 10 working days by the Immigration Department of Negeri Sembilan from the time you submitted the required documents to us. Once new visa process is approved and passport is ready for collection from USIM ‘Alamiyyah counter, we will send a notification to your email. Please refer to FAQ for more details.
If your application for inter variation is rejected by EMGS/ Immigration Department of Malaysia, you may be required to defer your studies/ defer the registration and return to your home country. You will be required to apply for a new student pass if this happens from your home country.
NO. You cannot register with the new programme until get Approval Letter from EMGS.
A student is allowed to change a university or course twice. A 3rd application by the student would be rejected.
The requirement to leave the country depends on the type of the pass you are holding at the time of application, as well as the type of institution you are transferring to or from.
Please refer to the Enforcement Division Department of Higher Education (Bahagian Penguatkuasaan Dan Inspektoran Jabatan Pengajian Tinggi) to obtain a supporting letter.
DOCUMENT FOR DOWNLOAD:
If you have any inquiries about visa, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org