Master of Da'wah and Islamic Leadership
PROGRAM DETAILSProgramme Code: A302
Medium of instructions: English
Credit hours: 42
Duration of Studies:
- Full Time: 3-6 semesters
- Part Time: 6-8 semesters
Programme Option: By Coursework
<p><strong>OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME</strong></p><p>The objectives of this program are:</p><ul><li>To produce postgraduates mastering in da’wah philosophy and leadership that compatible to the contemporary needs;</li><li>To generate matured postgraduates in coping with issues relates to current da’wah and managerial Islamic research works; and</li><li>To develop integrated human resource that capable to enhance social and nation’s development.</li></ul><p> </p><p><strong>CORE SUBJECTS:</strong></p><ul><li>Islamic Leadership and Management</li><li>Human Capital Management and Development</li><li>Al-Khitab al-Dini al-Mu’asir</li><li>Methodology of Sunnis in Aqidah</li><li>Da'wah Research Methods and Statistics</li><li>Tasawwuf and Islamic Heritage</li><li>Islam and the Dialogue of Civilization</li><li>Al-Tadrib Al-Qiyadi Fi Al-Islam</li><li>Organizational Management</li></ul><p> </p><p><strong>EXPERTS</strong></p><p>For more information on our EXPERTS, please refer to http://fkp.usim.edu.my/dawah-and-islamic-management/</p>
CAREER PROSPECTS<ul><li>Islamic organization officers,</li><li>Manager,</li><li>Community social managers</li><li>Training consultant</li></ul>
Admission to Master’s Degree by Coursework
- A bachelor’s degree in the field or related fields with a minimum CGPA of 2.50/4.00 or equivalent, as accepted by the Senate; or
- A bachelor’s degree in the field or related fields or equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.00/4.00 and not meeting a CGPA of 2.50/4.00, can be accepted subject to a minimum of 5 years working experience in the relevant field and rigorous internal assessment;or
- Candidates without a qualification in the related fields or working experience in the relevant fields must undergo appropriate prerequisite courses determined by the University and meet the minimum CGPA based on (1) to (2) above; or
- Other qualifications equivalent to a bachelor’s degree with honours AND relevant professional work experience.
Note: 1-year work experience is equivalent to 0.05 CGPA
(1) An applicant shall show evidence of proficiency in the English language based on the following criteria:
- TOEFL minimum score of 180 (computer-based) or 64 (internet-based); or
- IELTS minimum score of Band 5; or
- MUET minimum score of Band 3; or
- graduated from institutions that use English as the main medium of instruction, AND will be required to seat for University English Proficiency Test (UEPT) with minimum score of Band 3; or
- graduated in the field of Teaching of English as a Second Language (TESL), English Language Studies (ELS) and equivalent from a university recognised by the Senate; or
- a native speaker of English.
(2) Research-mode applicant who intends to write his/her thesis in Arabic will be required to fulfil the criteria as follows:
- TOEFL minimum score of 150 (computer-based) or 52 (internet-based); or
- IELTS minimum score of Band 4; or
- MUET minimum score of Band 2; or
- UEPT minimum score of Band 2.
(3) An applicant who does not fulfil any of the criteria under (1) & (2) will be allowed to register conditionally and is required to fulfil any of the criteria under (1) or (2), within 12 months (for Master’s students) and 24 months (for Ph.D. students).
Local Full Time
Local Part Time
Master of Da'wah & Islamic Leadership
The fees that stated are subject to change from time to time without any prior notice by the University. Student are advised to check the CGS Website for any changes before the of each semester registration. All fees must be paid upon registration.
The university has the right to withdraw this offer or to terminate you from your study if you are found to suffer from or to be a carrier of contagious/infectious diseases, or to suffer from a medical condition requiring continuous medical care that will adversely affect your study at USIM.
(1) Communicable Disease
Type of Disease / Problem Example
(2) Chronic Non-communicable Disease
Type of Disease / Problem Example
Applicants can apply via online at https://icgs.usim.edu.my/ and fill the prescribed forms. Forms and supporting authenticated documents must then be submitted through online or mailed to the office.
For information related to visa and student pass, please refer to http://alamiyyah.usim.edu.my