Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM) is pleased to receive a visit from the Faculty of Economics and Business and the Faculty of Communication Sciences of Universitas Islam Bandung, Indonesia on 13 July 2023. The visit, led by Dr. Asnita Frida, includes a total of 8 delegates, including the Head of the Programs, lecturers, and graduate students.
According to Dr. Asnita, this visit to USIM aims to obtain feedback on discussions related to the course structure offered in the Bachelor’s program at the Faculty of Economics and Muamalat at USIM. She mentioned that she wants to gain further insights into the current courses offered to students at UNISBA, so that they can follow the most up-to-date academic courses.
In addition, the visit also discussed the activities that will be conducted at UNISBA Bandung, as a group of FEM students will participate in the Global Islamic Student Outreach (GISO) program in Bandung later this year.
Assoc Prof Dr. Izlawanie Muhammad, the Coordinator of IFWMI, also hopes that the synergy established with UNISBA will yield more impactful results between USIM and UNISBA in the future.
Currently, USIM offers five undergraduate academic programs, namely:
1. Bachelor of Accounting with Honours
2. Bachelor of Corporate Administration with Honours
3. Bachelor of Islamic Banking and Finance with Honours
4. Bachelor of Marketing (Financial Services) with Honours
5. Bachelor of Muamalat Administration with Honours
Additionally, USIM provides six master’s level programs:
1. Master of Economics and Muamalat Administration (By Research)
2. Master of Accounting and Syariah Audit
3. Master of Islamic Banking
4. Master of Islamic Finance
5. Master of Muamalat Administration
6. Master of Muamalat Administration (Halal Product) – offered through coursework
Furthermore, USIM offers one Ph.D. program:
1. Doctor of Philosophy in Economics and Muamalat Administration.