Industrial Training is designed for undergraduate students to acquire essential work experience done during the program of study that is relevant to their career design pathway prior to graduation. Students must commit to a completion of at least 60 working days of approved industrial training prior to graduation.
The fundamental objective of the programme is to prepare students for future employment in their chosen discipline. Industrial Training enhances students skill set they have learned at campus. It also create opportunities for them to practice what they have learned and adapt the skills to the requirement of the industries. The objectives of Industrial Training is to :
1) provide real work experience for students
2) Develop understanding of an organisation’s business rules and best practices
3) Interact with other workers, peers and superiors.
4) Apply knowledge to a business problems and learn from it
Having an International Industrial Training is an added advantage for students as it will provide students the right perspective to work at a global arena. Students can quickly learn to adapt various challenges i.e., technical, background, cultural differences, languages etc.
USIM ‘Alamiyyah does not provide a list of potential employers for industrial training. It is the responsibility of each student to obtain his/her own employment for Industrial Training. Students must find their own opportunities to have Industrial Training overseas. They are required to attend an interview at USIM ‘Alamiyyah for screening and for possible funding.
Download Form here:
1. Application Form for International Internships Programme
2. Paperwork International Industrial Training
3. Deadline for submission of Overseas Industrial Training application