Content of This Page
APPLICATION FOR VISA/STUDENT PASS RENEWAL FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS CURRENTLY STUDYING IN MALAYSIA
As at January, 1st 2014, a new set of guidelines for VISA/STUDENT PASS renewal, applicable to those who are currently studying in Malaysia, has been introduced by the Malaysian Immigration Department.
1. APPLY FOR VISA/STUDENT PASS (RENEW/EXTENSION)
I. Process (Student Pass must be made THREE (3) months before the Student Pass expiry date)
II. Apply for Visa
-Submit the following documents to USIM ‘Alamiyyah counter:
I. Original Passport (must be more than 1 year and 3 months validity)
III. Passport all pages (Photocopy)
IV. Academic Grade
- Recommendation Letter (for Post Graduate Student)
- Latest Examination Result (for Under Graduate Student)
V. One (1) copy of receipt paid to USIM Bendahari for EMGS processing fee RM330 for One (1) year,RM350 (INDIAN only) and RM595 for Two (2) Years (INDONESIAN only)
VI. One year (1) copy of receipt paid to USIM Bendahari for insurance fee of RM 477 (inclusive 6% GST) for one year.
NOTE: - Sponsored students: One copy of valid insurance statement from the insurance company if paid by the sponsor.
III. Passport must be submitted to USIM ‘Alamiyyah counter 1 Month before Student Pass Expired (UPON RECEIVING APPROVAL LETTER)
IV. Passport submitted to EMGS for Student Pass Endorsement
V. Passport returned back to Student
2. PENALTY CHARGES
- Students MUST ensure that their Multiple Entry Visa (MEV) (also known as Student Pass) remains valid at least three (3) months when they re-apply for Student Pass at USIM ‘Alamiyyah. This is to give sufficient processing time.
- A Penalty charge will be imposed for any late submissions application and the rate would be subject to the remaining Student Pass validity period as below: -
Period of Student Pass Validity
3. *Should your Student Pass eventually expire during the waiting period for approval by the Immigration Department, additional charge of RM160 will be imposed as a Special Pass will be processed for you to temporarily staying legal in Malaysia. Note that, it is very likely that you will require a Special Pass if your Student Pass validity is less than a month. You will be notified to settle this penalty if required.
NOTE : Example to avoid the above charges
Situation 1 :
An applicant holding a Student Pass expiring on 1st November 2015 must re-apply for a new Student Pass latest by 30th July 2015.
Should the applicant plan to travel overseas during the remaining study period, it must be ensured that the Student Pass remains valid upon re-entry. It is advised that the Student Pass validity be at least 3 months for a smooth application process of Student Pass renewal and to avoid the above-mentioned charges.
Submission for renewal must be done on a working day (Monday-Friday) 3 months before Student Pass expires. If the expiring date falls on a weekend (Saturday, Sunday) or a public holiday, application must be made on a working day before the weekend/holiday.
This ruling will be enforced on Student Passes which are expiring from 1st November 2015 onwards.
3. DEPENDENT VISA RENEWAL
Dependent Visa renewal can be made at:
Jabatan Imigresen Malaysia (Location : 2.695675, 101.975495)
Bahagian G, Unit PLS
Tingkat 2, Wisma Persekutuan
Jalan Dato' Abd Kader
70000 Seremban, Negeri Sembilan
Tel: +606 762 0000 ext 205/207
Please note the following checklist before heading to the immigration office.
Checklist for Application of PIM 19/2007 (Guardian/Dependent to Foreign Student in Malaysia
- Form IM.12
- Form IMM.55 (Extension)
- Form IM.38 (Visa)
- Confirmation Letter as USIM Student
- Birth Certificate/Letter from Embassy(Relationship)
- Marriage Certificate/Registration of Marriage
- Children Birth Certificate
- Applicant Passport
- Latest Student's Financial Statement
- Latest Photo of Applicant(2-new/1-extension) passport-sized WHITE background photographs 45mm (high) x35mm (wide) (https://educationmalaysia.gov.my/how-to-apply/passport-photo-guidelines.html/)
Change of rates:
JP Visa RM500 + Visa (Country rate)
Long term social visit pass (RM90/year)
Re-entry visa (Country rate)
Each dependent must have passport. Incomplete documentation will be rejected by the Immigration Department.
Last updated : 1 Jan 2017